Last update: December 1, 2023
Welcome to Marcil Lavallée’s website!
For the purposes hereof, “Content” means all materials and content made available to users on the website, including notices, guidelines, communications, text, RSS feeds, graphics, images, illustrations, audiovisual works, multimedia elements, photographs, videos, music, sound recordings, policies, documents, software, information, data, and any other work, including the manner in which such Content is presented.
Third-Party Websites – The website may contain links to Third-Party Content available on independent Third-Party Websites (the “Third-Party Websites“). These links are provided for information purposes only. The Company is not responsible for the Third-Party Content or the quality, safety, availability, completeness, accuracy, legal compliance and policies or practices of such Third-Party Websites. We do not endorse Third-Party Websites and make no representations about them or their content. If you choose to access a Third-Party Website linked from our website, you do so at your own risk.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
Company Content – Unless expressly stated otherwise, all rights, titles and interests in and to the website and all Content, URLs, domain names, source codes, processes, trademarks, trade names, logos, product and service names, works or other copyrightable subject matter, whether registered or unregistered, recognized by applicable law, including (a) any improvements or modifications to any of the foregoing, (b) any application for registration or renewal of the foregoing, and (c) licenses and sublicenses to third-party intellectual property (collectively, the “Company Content“), as well as all derivatives, translations and updates of the Company Content, are the exclusive property of the Company and are protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights and laws. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by the Company.
5. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Prohibited Uses – Without limiting the generality of the restrictions set forth below, you agree not to do or permit, directly or indirectly, any of the following in connection with the website:
(i) publish, download, translate, use, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any Content that :
- is defamatory, counterfeit or illegal;
- is inappropriate, profane, degrading, obscene, indecent or contains information without appropriate or legally required access controls (which controls shall in no event be our responsibility);
- gives rise to civil liability or infringes our rights or helps someone else to infringe our rights or those of third parties, including copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, trademark infringement or defamation;
- constitutes threats, harassment, intimidation, abuse or any conduct that infringes on the rights of others;
- constitutes a criminal offence, or participates or assists others in committing a criminal offence;
- contains a virus, ransomware, Trojan horse, worm, spyware or any other malicious program or software, including web scraping tools;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited commercial communications, unwanted or mass communications or other “spam” (whether or not using electronic messaging services, including instant messaging, blogging or comment spam) or is otherwise massive or unsolicited;
(ii) disrupt, disable or threaten the integrity, operation or security of the website; (iii) probe, analyze or test the vulnerability of the website or breach its security measures;
(iv) disable or circumvent any access control measures or processes or procedures in connection with the website;
(v) sublicense, share, resell, reproduce, copy, distribute, redistribute or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of, use of, or access to the website, unless you have first obtained our express permission to do so;
(vi) extract, assemble, collect, or store personal information from third parties without their explicit consent.
6. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES
Use of the website and its Content is provided without warranty or representation of any kind, including as to the connectivity, performance, operation, availability, reliability, timeliness, security, quality, capacity or accuracy of the website and its Content. The Company shall not be liable for any delays, interruptions, malfunctions, failures of service or other problems inherent in the use of the internet, electronic communications, telecommunications networks or other systems or networks which are operated by third parties, or which are beyond our reasonable control. The Company expressly disclaims all conditions, warranties and representations, express, implied, statutory or otherwise.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion and expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You also agree to cooperate fully and reasonably in the defense of any claim, if any.
9. APPLICABLE LAW
10. CONTACT US